Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Paintwork done ?

I picked Destiny up from the paint shop on April 1st. Here a shot of her after the Easter with hood and fenders assembled and the front valance panel loosely bolted in. Looks good, doen't it. No fooling or photoshopping done here. I really like this phase. Things start to take shape at last and the clean parts can be attached so that this time they'll stay there.



BUT... What does not look good can be seen in the picture below with some daylight. The rear taillight panel doesn't look good and the driver side quarted panel looks horrible. A major failure during the filler work for sure. Maybe I just should have followed James' advice and done this myself.


 
Once this was realized it was too late to turn the trailer immediately back to the paint shop. Damn it, what a mess is will be solve this. A convertible which can only be driven at night ? Shit.

Also visited this years Easter show. I'm not sure whether it increased or decreased my frustrationbut here is one nice '66 convertible this time. For sale for 39.000 €, if someone is interested.

But my favorite of all was this classy Norwegian restored '57 T-Bird. Only thing missing is Barbie Doll sitting there behind the steering wheel.

2 comments:

  1. The paint job does look nice and I don't see any over spray in the engine area but your right abut the rear panel. Once you put the tail lights on, you might not even see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're propably right about that.
    The thing is that you can look one mistake "through your fingers". But when there are several mistakes you run out of hands. I'll have to see what the paintshop suggests for resolution.

    ReplyDelete